Thursday, November 19, 2009

Memories

Whilst sitting down trying to find some sort of inspiration, I hear bells chiming from a far away church as a result of the wind acting as a carrier on a typical wintry day. These sounds immeaditely brought me back to my childhood when many a time I used to spend whole summer days in my grandmother’s house, running around like crazy amongst the trees and playing with my aunt’s dog. Early evening when the sun used to start hiding behind the trees, bells from many churches used to start ringing reminding all those who could hear them that mass would soon start and there I would stop, mesmerised by the different sounds emanating from the different churches. At that time of the year many church domes would have been adorned with many colourful lights in prepartion for an upcoming feast giving a particular aura to the surrounding neighbourhood. And as I type yet again the bells start to ring and I close my eyes, reminiscing my childhood years...

No comments:

Post a Comment